080: Mathidiot

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Am I getting dumber, or the primary school mathematics syllabus are getting (ridiculously) harder? Some of them I don't even understand!!! I left all my mathematics knowledge in secondary school (I was never good at it anyway).

And all of the questions require the students to do some 'working'.

"Angela have $20. After spending $3.40 on cocaine and $2.60 on liquor, she found another 50% of what she's left with on the floor. How much money does she have now?"

Me: Oh, it's $21.
Sis: I want the working!!
Me: What working?

The module on Economics that I've done in my current school is not helping at all (all I remembered was equilibrium ^@!$&$ supply and demand of ai ya ya ya elasticity of blah blah blah marginal walauwey diminishing returns what the f&$# opportunity cost hell yeah!)

Somebody shoot me in the head please.

0 Comment here.: