072: My 50 Albums of the Decade

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Click the above image to see all 50 albums!!!


The past 10 years have been great for music fans. We are fed with sounds filled with ecstasy that kept us hooked to our discman (early 2000) and mp3 players (2004 onwards). I believe the music from the past 10 years have shaped those who are in their twenties now. From rock to metal, hip-hop to pop, you name it. You could be consciously or unconsciously influenced by them. I know they have changed me. In a big way.

When we were younger, we have been exposed to only famous artists like Michael Jackson, The Cranberries, New Kids On The Block, Bon Jovi, Backstreet Boys, etc. Too much mainstream is definately bad for our soul. We will get so used to the same thing over and over again until our system can't accept music that are different from the 'norms'.

In our teenage years, we wanted to be different, and began to look out for new music that can relate to us. We dig the underground through the Internet for something different. Something unique. Something that says "we" in their songs. And we found it. I found it. And the rest... is history.

There are hundreds of albums (or even thousands) that I have listened to. Choosing 50 albums was tough. But I pulled through. :-)

0 Comment here.: