064: My Lawyer Made Me Change The Title of This Entry (So That I Wouldn't Get Sued)

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm going to complain more about "foreign talent". I never realized how this trend affect Singaporeans in a big way.

Until recently.

Now, foreigners not only hold those construction, cleaning, housekeeping (etc) jobs. In my office, there a few foreigners who can't speak English, yet, they are holding those desk bound position (jobs that many Singaporeans are looking for). One of them even gets citizenship after staying here for 4 years (he served NS by the way). And he is the only one who can speak English (very SLOWLY). The rest? The rest talked to me in their own language!!! How the fuck can I understand?

For housing, do you realized that Singaporeans are getting kicked out of their own house because they can't pay up their monthly mortgage? (Due to retrenchments, etc) Imagine, they have paid half of the mortgage, only for their house to be repossessed. Sure, foreigners can afford to buy a house here, because they have a JOB!

Don't tell me the history of our forefathers (who were foreigners). When they first came here, this little dot was NOTHING!!! They worked real hard, and made Singapore the way it is now. But the current immigrant? They are just enjoying the escape from their country here!

I'm not shifting the whole blame to these foreigners. The other half goes to the people who 'import' them here.

The future seems bleak for the original Singaporeans. I have made a vow, and that is to migrate if I can afford to (can you see the irony here?).

The mass communications field in the U.S. is wide, and I'm considering that option.

If "change" is coming, I refuse to believe in anything again.

0 Comment here.: