049: Entrepreneurship

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cartoon by ~psshaw via deviantART

Online businesses are all the rage now (or was that last year's news?). I chanced upon a Multiply site by someone who is selling her used stuff. And those stuffs are not the average consumerism product (or so I thought). Items for sale includes some Kate "I'm so chic wearing this bag" Spade, Victoria's "look at my titties" Secret, and even Bobbi "I'm ugly so glam me up" Brown.

The wonders of new media (they even have a new course for New Media in Republic Polytechnic! But lifespan? No one knows.). Starting up is a breeze. Register (a blog, Facebook, etc), set-up, yada yada yada (you should know the rest).

But thinking of what to sell? Ahhhh, now that's the challenge. If your closet is filled with junks that you barely use, then it will be easy. Just sell them off online! But what about the rest? Go D.I.Y. (create and design shirts, acessories, etc)? Buy something in bulk cheaply and sell it?

Usually, we will think of something cool and hip. That's when our imagination will go wild, and think of something that is near to impossible. And when you realized your creative ideas are not practical, then you will feel discouraged and stop thinking about it altogether, without considering any other options.

Some of my friends are doing these online business. One of them sells cakes (yum yum). Did I hear you say, "common"? Well, unlike some of us, she used something redundant to her advantage. I can't say her cake's design are creative (because I've not been in there for a long time), but she could use her creativity in those cakes. She probably experimented with her baking and came up with some new shit (oops, cakes and shit don't go along hand in hand huh?)

There are some who gave up though. Lack of site viewership? This is where web designs and layout comes in. If you have a website that looks like it belongs to an owner who just learned how to create a website (which most of them are anyway), then get an expert! Web design and layout is IMPORTANT! If your site is like this (my site in 2002), then you need serious help. People will lose interest and click the 'X' button on the top right if it's like that. I know I would.

I want to make money online too. Not through selling... through my blog! There is this application that let me earns some cash if the traffic to my blog is high.

So, how do I generate that traffic flow? Advertise? And what will be my 'selling' points? I'm too shy to advertise my blog (I don't even know where to start), and nobody would read it anyway. I wrote boring entries (and this is probably one of them). And that's because I've mellowed down. But if mellowing down 'rape' me off my chance of getting an extra income, then I guess I need to look deep inside my immature 16 years old's (I wish) heart, and start trashing and dissing other people (that's what they like to read nowadays).

Now... Would that makes me an entrepreneur?

0 Comment here.: