043: Operation Failure

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Photo by =birddreams

Work was crazy!!! I am currently attached to this place at Alps Ave. The guy that was supposed to be there had an accident, so I'm covering his place (somebody else tried to cover his place, and he couldn't do it). It was really a stressful place to be working in. Their procedures and protocol are different from mine, and I need to really get familiar with it.

The first week was okay, as I had a partner to help me out. But since Monday, I've been doing all the work alone, and everything was messed up. My desk was cluttered with invoices & manifests, stationery, labels, etc. And I need to rush, as I got deadline (or for my case, timeline) to meet. I got everything jumbled up that I screwed up for most of the days this week, including earlier today.

A shipment that was supposed to be sent to Anchorage, Alaska, was instead sent to Memphis, Tennessee (both U.S. cities). I have already alerted the relevant people. Hopefully, I was on time.

If the stupid thing really go to Tennessee, then I'll be dead on Monday (I'll be dead even if it goes to the correct destination, because of the documentation I had done). It will be a troublesome process. The damn thing will be sent back to Singapore, before going to Alaska.

E-mails will start flying, money will be lost, and I... ???

Better plan of a new strategy to avoid mistakes like that from happening again. If I can't handle something like that, then how am I going to survive if I get a new job later? Any new job that I will be taking, will be more demanding than this, probably 2-3 times more?

Need to learn how to handle stress and multi-task (the only multi-tasking that I'm able to do is eating while typing on my lappy with the cellphone on).

How do you office people handle this kind of stress??!!

0 Comment here.: