030: Career

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Photo by *amptone

The interview I went the other day didn't go well. Actually, I refused to join them. Not a career path I had in mind. They do offer a a high salary and some good remuneration stuff. But it's just not for me.

Some asked why I want to switch job in the current economy turmoil. Well, here's why:
  • It's getting boring each passing day (I'm good at my work)
  • I don't get recognition for the work I have done (from the higher authority)
  • I was promised something, but due to the economic downturn, they changed their mind
  • I want better benefits and remuneration package
  • My overtime was cut down (again, the economy's fault)
  • I want a career that is fulfilling
Am I too demanding? Anyway, when I was younger, I wanna be:
  • A lawyer (but my defination of justice differs from the state's law)
  • A teacher (my friends say i would turn the kids into DemonChild, like me)
  • An international rock star / metal head (my band is on a 'permanent hiatus', so looking for new members to start fresh, or bands that need a microphone terrorizer. Note: I growl and scream)
  • A doctor (but afraid that I'll be one of the first to get some new virus e.g the swine flu)
  • A vigilante (but I have no superpowers, or skills like The Punisher)
  • A rebellious politician (I doubt any government would want me in their cabinet)
  • An activist (but I can't earn much money through doing this)
But now, the only jobs that are vacant (and the ones that I never consider joining) are:
  • Driver (I still need to get familiarize with the local roads)
  • Sales Assistant (they don't hire ugly people like me)
  • Customer Service (communication skills needed, and don't think I have it)
  • Financial Advisor (too lazy to look for clients)
  • Auxiliary Police Officers (I don't want to work shifts, and I don't like to be in uniforms)
  • Waiter (don't expect me to hold the tray with one hand)
  • And the list goes on.....
I'm grateful though, that I still have a job. There are others who are jobless (some of them are my friends), and really need the bucks to survive. Maybe I shouldn't complain, but I'm human too! I will never be satisfied with what I have.

For those who are still finding a job/career, I wish you the best of luck. I hope you get it soon, cause you can't barely survive in this country without a job.

0 Comment here.: